I understand the necessity and wisdom in getting vaccinated, I do, but I strongly dislike vaccines; not just because I'm afraid of needles (I know: such a baby right ;-) )but because of their contents, everything I read about them and how they make me feel.
My right ear hasn't fully recover from the weird feeling of fullness since the last set of vaccines I received last year....
But as I suffered through the actual Flu this past week for the first time in 10 years, I couldn't help but ask: Had I taken the Flu shot my doctor recommended would I have dodged it?
I have never taken the Flu shot before...well at least the inject-able one.
Have you had the Flu shot this year and previous year? Does/ Did it work for you? I read somewhere that 82% of the time the shot does not work, vaccines are made based on existing strains, however "the Bugs" are constantly adapting and evolving into new strains. When I ask a doctor about that, she agreed and advised however to take the odds of the 18% success rate...
My Flu prevention shot never failed me before; unfortunately, this year, I did not take it. I got sick.
I believe I have manage to avoid the Flu all these years by taking a home remedies straight out of my grand-daddy potion book...lol; very similar to the German's Hot Toddy. I normally have a bottle of this in the fridge ready to mix to a hot tea in the first signs/ symptoms to knock the Bug off.
- Photo 1. Shred into a bottle/ jar: 1 or 2 clove of garlic, 3 knuckles thick fresh ginger, 6 to 10 dried cloves, add a finger thick fresh turmeric (optional) Add a cup or 2 of rum or whiskey shake & let it soak for at least an hour.
- Photo 2. in a tea cup: 2 slices of lemon, 4 slices of fresh ginger, add boiled water to it, cover for 5 min.
- Photo 3 & 4. in a shot glass, strain the rum mix, about 3 tbsp. worth of it
- Photo 5 & 6. from your tea, remove the lemon and ginger slices, add your shot and 1 or 2 tbsp. of honey
- Drink up!! It really doesn't taste so bad.
- Garlic: garlic is thought to have anti-fungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties however it is a blood thinner, be aware and talk to your doctor to insure it does not interfere with any medicines you are already taking.
- Ginger: *According to a 2010 study published in the “Journal of Microbiology and Antimicrobial,” ginger proved to have a higher antibacterial power than three conventional antibiotics against two strains of staph infection common in hospitals..." and is a great anti-inflammatory.
- Cloves: Cloves contains significant amounts of an active component called eugenol, which has been the subject of numerous health studies on the prevention of toxicity from environmental pollutants like carbon tetra-chloride, digestive tract cancers, and joint inflammation...etc. For its beneficial effects, you'll also find clove oil in some over-the-counter sore throat sprays and mouth washes. They are an excellent source of manganese, Vitamin K, Iron, dietary fiber, calcium and magnesium.
- Honey: many researchers have reported the antibacterial activity of honey and found that honey has a broad-spectrum antibacterial activity when tested against pathogenic bacteria, oral bacteria as well as food spoilage bacteria. It has been reported to have an inhibitory effect on around 60 species of bacteria...
What do you think? Would you try it? Let me know it goes